Delicious Gluten-Free Bruschetta with Mango and Mozzarella
Bruschetta with a fresh twist!
Sure, there’s nothing wrong with a good old sandwich. But don’t you sometimes get tired of that same old cheese and ham squeezed between two sorry slices of plain bread? I sure do..
-And that’s why the heavens gave us bruschetta: a crispy, flavourful, fresh open sandwich, with no other mission than to fulfill your every lunchtime dream!
Italians have certainly worked out how to banish boring from their lunch menus. Forget supermarket sandwich packets and takeaway pizza slices. It’s time to break out the olive oil, seasonal fruits and vegetables and garlic, and spread it across a piece of fresh gluten-free grilled sandwich bread.
Great gluten-free bread makes all the difference
You may have noticed a newcomer on the shelves in the gluten-free aisle these days. The wonderful people at Schär have brought out two awesome new fresh bread options called “Wholesome Seeded Loaf” and “Wholesome White Loaf”. This isn’t just your average gluten-free fresh bread. Nope. These loaves are fresh entirely without preservatives!
Sure, the aisles may offer plenty of fresh bread options these days, but how many of those do you still enjoy after reading the label?
Plenty of brands seem to focus more on shelf life than health(y) life, it seems. Sure, the label might spell out “health food” in big bold letters, but not being able to pronounce the ingredients is never a great sign.
Schär has solved this by developing a type of packaging that keeps the loaf fresh and soft, without the need for nasty additives. Big thumbs up to Schär for providing a fantastic option for those who want to make better choices!
The loaves are also free of wheat and lactose, which, of course, is a big bonus.
Seeing as Schär’s new gluten-free fresh breads both are made with a sourdough starter, they are perfect for this fresh and tasty bruschetta recipe!
To make 4 pieces of gluten-free mango mozzarella bruschetta, you’ll need:
- 1 half, fresh and ripe mango
- 1/4 small red onion
- 1/4 cucumber
- About 10 leaves fresh basil
- About 10 leaves fresh mint
- A few slices of prosciutto
- Around 5 small buffalo mozzarella balls (or one medium/half a large ball)
- 1 garlic clove
- good olive oil
- Flaked salt and coarsely ground pepper to taste
- 4 slices fresh gluten-free bread (click here to find Schär “Wholesome Seeded Loaf” and “Wholesome White Loaf”.)
- Start by finely dicing the mango and vegetables
- Tear or chop the herbs
- Dice the buffalo mozzarella as well, and tear the prosciutto into suitable pieces
- Mix it all together in a small bowl, before you heat up a griddle pan
- Spread some olive oil on each side of the bread, and grill in the pan until it crisps up nicely without burning
- Cut the garlic clove in half. Take the hot bread off the griddle, and rub the garlic across the top of the grilled bread.
- Top the bread with a generous serving of the mango mixture, pour over a bit of olive oil, and add salt and pepper to taste. Decorate with fresh basil or mint to top it off!
Enjoy your lunch!
This post was sponsored by Schär, however, all opinions expressed are my own. I only accept sponsored posts for products that I love!