Super Healthy and Very Delicious Paleo Vegan Raw Chocolate Mousse!!
Wow, you will not believe this dessert!
What if I told you that you can enjoy all the flavour and satisfaction of a rich and creamy, deep, dark chocolate mousse, but without any of the guilt that usually comes with it?
Yup. It’s true! You can seriously dig into overflowing spoonfuls of chocolatey heaven, without worrying about refined sugar and unhealthy fats. With only 3 little ingredients, you can whip up a super healthy chocolate mousse that rivals the naughtiest of treats!
Delicious chocolate mousse without the guilt
Sometimes chocolate cravings totally get the better of me, and if you’re anything like me, nothing can possibly halt those cravings other than actual chocolate! Sure, I try a carrot or a smoothie in a mad attempt to divert the attention away from what I actually feel like, but most times that only means I end up eating both. At the end of the day, there’s no chocolate like real chocolate, and when I want it I need it. Well, what can you do..
-I’ll tell you what you can do! You can whip up this Super Healthy and very Delicious Paleo Vegan Chocolate Mousse!
Make chocolate mousse with avocado!
The secret to both the creamy chocolate flavour as well as many of the nutritional benefits lie in the wonderful fruit avocado.
The avocado lends a wonderfully smooth and rich consistency to the dessert, and along with it an impressive list of health benefits.
Avocados are well-known for their healthy fats, which are beneficial to your skin, memory and cholesterol. In addition to the omega-3 content, the avocado also contains large amounts of lutein, a carotenoid which helps prevent macular degeneration, and even richer amounts of protein. Protein is important for healthy muscles, and it also has the added benefit of helping you curb those sugar cravings, and keep you full for longer.
All in all, this wonderful healthy chocolate mousse will do far more than satisfy your taste buds!
Make healthy chocolate mousse with 3 ingredients only!
(yields two portions)
- 2 super ripe avocados (no, semi-ripe ones will not do. If the avocados aren’t soft enough, the mousse might get a bitter taste)
- 2 tbsp pure cocoa powder (or cacao)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
Note: Only truly pure maple syrup is paleo. Pure maple syrup should have absolutely nothing added.
-For raw diet or other dietary needs, please swap maple syrup from the below:
Alternative sweeteners (choose only one):
- 4 Medjool dates (paleo/vegan/raw)
- 2 tbsp brown rice syrup (vegan/low GI)
- 2 tbsp carob sweetener (vegan/low GI)
- 2 tbsp honey (you can use manuka honey 10++ if you’re looking for an immune boost)
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the stone and scoop the flesh into a bowl.
- Use a blender, food processor or kitchen machine with blades, to blend the avocado flesh until it is totally smooth and creamy. If the avocado is ripe enough there should be no lumps.
- Add your sweetener of choice, and keep mixing
- Add the cocoa powder carefully (so it doesn’t fly everywhere when you start the blender), and mix everything up until you’ve got a beautifully smooth chocolate mousse consistency.
- Place into serving dishes, and leave them in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour, or until the mousse has cooled down completely.
- Serve it as is, or chop some almonds or nuts to sprinkle over top!
Just like that, you have a wonderful and rich healthy chocolate mousse to enjoy whenever you feel like it!
Do you use avocado in your desserts? What’s your favourite sweet avocado recipe?