5-Minute Gluten-Free Hot Garlic Ciabatta
Super-fast garlic bread!
Sometimes I get a craving for a fast, savoury treat, and garlic bread with grilled cheese is an absolute favourite!
Here’s a quick version that needs no preparation. You can literally whip it up in 5 minutes. Perfect if you want to make a bit more out of a dinner, as a side to your pizza, or simply as a quick snack during the day.
Being gluten-free, it’s always handy to have some long-life bread in the pantry, for on-the-go situations. They heat up nicely in the oven, and taste fresh and soft. On this occasion, I used Schär Ciabatta, which worked really well for this recipe.
The garlic butter can be made in a bigger batch, and used for other recipes too. The next day I used the remainder on white fish in the oven. It came out beautifully! So, make an extra batch!
To make 4 quick gluten-free Garlic Ciabattas, you’ll need:
- 4 ready-made gluten-free ciabatta rolls
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- a pinch of salt (and pepper, if desired)
- Grated cheese for topping
- Turn the oven on 180 c (356 f)
- Soften the butter by stirring it with a spoon. Tip: If the butter has come right out of the fridge, you can grate it!
- Either finely grate, or use a garlic press to mince the clove of garlic
- Chop the herbs finely (or use frozen ready-chopped herbs)
- mix all the ingredients together well, so that the garlic and herbs are evenly distributed, then add the salt.
- Cut the ciabattas diagonally, but not all the way through, 4 or 5 times across.
- Using a knife, stick about half a tsp of garlic butter into each cut
- Drizzle some grated cheese over top, and bake in the oven until the cheese has a golden crust.
- You can serve them as is, or break them up slightly and drizzle some extra chopped herbs over them!
Disclaimer: Schär provided me with the ciabatta, but this is not a paid post.