Deliciously Hot and Sticky Salted Chocolate Fudge Sauce!
A chocolate sauce that will melt both your ice cream and your will power..
I have a thing for chocolate sauce.. Especially the thick, creamy, sticky kind that makes an abundantly delicious gooey mess out of my dessert. A lick-the spoon-and-scrape-the-bowl kind of sauce. Like this one:
- 200 grams white sugar
- 50 grams cocoa powder
- 60 ml water
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 7 tbsp double cream
- 150 grams dark cooking chocolate
- 50 grams butter
- 3/4 tsp fine flaked salt (Maldon salt or similar)
- Place the sugar, lemon juice, cocoa powder and water in a thick-bottomed saucepan. Stir well to combine, then add cream.
- Bring to a simmer slowly over medium heat, and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Once the sauce has thickened, turn off the heat and leave the saucepan on the warm stove whilst adding the remaining ingredients. Stir well until all the chocolate has dissolved.
- The sauce will be rich, thick and creamy once it cools down further. Store it in the fridge, and warm it up lightly before pouring it over desserts and ice cream!
This is a seriously decadent treat that you, if you’re anything like me, won’t get enough of!
What would you pour this sauce over? I’d love to hear your ideas! 🙂
This recipe featured in the gorgeous Easter issue of Yum. Gluten Free Magazine