Quick & Tasty Gluten-Free Pasta Salad with Yoghurt and Tuna!
Cooking just doesn’t get any easier than this!
When you’re craving a quick and easy dinner that still satisfies the hunger, and you just don’t want to go shopping: try this yummy gluten-free pasta salad with tuna and yoghurt! It’s a winner!
It’s time for summer food!
Looking out from my office window in Londontown, it is becoming very obvious that winter is over. Everywhere I look there’s a gorgeous cluster of fresh daffodils. They thrive, even in the dusty specks of grass up and down the side of the busy highway. You can’t curb the English daffodils, just as you can’t stop spring from sending winter on its way once again. Oh, how I love the first flowers!
As soon as the warmer weather hits the northern hemisphere and we can swap gumboots for cute little flats, there is a sudden air of bbq and Pimm’s about town.. I’m already getting excited at the thought of having friends around for lazy long afternoons of good food and drinks! And what better that an easy and delicious salad that stills the hunger, can be whipped up in a flash, and brings with it sweet dreams of summer?
A quick dinner that feeds a crowd!
The Tuna & Yoghurt salad needs no preparation or stress. It makes for the perfect dinner when you’re tired or haven’t got the time. When you get surprise guests, or if you’re having a big party. You can quite frankly use any ingredient you already have in the fridge, and just toss it together in 5 minutes.
This recipe can be made lowFODMAP, fructose-friendly, dairy-free, egg-free or paleo by choosing vegetables to suit, or by substituting the yoghurt for a dairy-free version!
The basic recipe goes like this:
- 1 tin of tuna in water
- 1 carton of natural yoghurt (choose dairy-free alternative to suit, or lactose-free for low-FODMAP)
- iceberg lettuce, chopped or shredded
- cucumber, chopped
- spring onions, chopped (use only green part for low-FODMAP)
- red onion, chopped (skip for low-FODMAP)
- red or yellow peppers, chopped
- radish, thinly sliced
- snow peas (moderate low-FODMAP)
- herbs if you’ve got them -I like mint and parsley, but anything goes
- approximately 400 ml of cooked gluten-free pasta, chilled
- powdered gluten-free dressing mix, spice mix or similar
- two boiled eggs in wedges (skip for egg-free version)
- salt and pepper to taste
- you can also add chopped gherkins if you like the taste
- Boil the pasta and chill under cold water
- Mix the powdered dressing mix with the yoghurt
- Chop all the vegetables and herbs; you can add exactly what you like or what you have. There are no rules!
- Blend well in a large bowl, and place eggs on top along with some extra herbs, chopped spring onion and sliced radish as garnish.
It’s that easy! And it makes for the most beautiful and filling meal!
I’d love some ideas for variations! What would you add to this salad?