Quick & Easy Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Bark to please the gluten-free Sweet tooth!
Fancy a quick and easy treat?
Perhaps something sweet with a little touch of salty?
Got more candy canes than you can shake a stick at?
Whip up this super yummy dark chocolate peppermint pretzel bark, and satisfy that craving!
This incredibly tasty treat literally takes minutes to make, and it is beyond moreish.. One bite and you’ll be well and truly hooked!
I blame celiackiddo for my peppermint pretzel bark addiction. She posted a similar recipe to this a couple of years back, and my self-discipline was officially destroyed. I’m a peppermint bark junkie come Christmas now. Thanks Dana.
All you need is:
- Chocolate of your choice; deep and dark, milky, dairy-free.. whichever tickles your fancy!
- Candy canes
- Gluten-free pretzels
- Melt the chocolate over low heat, preferably in a bowl submerged into hot water.
- Crush pretzels and candy canes with whatever weighty utensil you have at hand; I put mine in a plastic bag and rolled over them with my rolling-pin. Make sure you leave some big chunks; you don’t want it to turn to dust.
- Line a baking tray with parchment, then simply spread the melted chocolate across the tray.
- Drizzle crushed candy canes and pretzels over the chocolate, place in the fridge for 30 minutes until it has hardened, then break it up into bite-size pieces.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature
I also used some edible red glitter and copper coloured cake topping on mine, just for added festive glitz!
Please do not store them in the fridge, as any condensation will make the pretzels soggy. Trust me; I’ve been there. We still ate it though 🙂
This festive treat is especially fun to make with kids, and it makes a great edible gift!