Quick-Fix Scandinavian Toffee Biscuits for Gluten-Free Vegan Cookie-Lovers On The Run..
A Scandinavian Christmas classic, that is as easy to make as it is moreish!
This recipe is gluten-free, vegan, egg-free and dairy-free
To make about 40 fast-vanishing Toffee Biscuits you’ll need:
- 100 ml caster sugar ( or normal sugar)
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 100 grams butter (or vegan substitute – not spreadable) at room temperature
- 250 ml gluten-free white flour mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3-5 drops organic natural vanilla extract
TIP: If you don’t have a gluten-free flour mix at hand, simply sub for 1/3 rice flour, 1/3 potato/corn or tapioca starch, and 1/3 buckwheat flour + 1 tsp xantan gum (or other gum)
- Pre-heat oven to 175 c conventional, or 165 fan forced (347 f)
- Mix all the ingredients smooth, then roll the dough into finger-thick sausages the length of your baking tray. Flatten the “sausages” slightly.
- The dough has a high butter content, so a cool surface (or room) helps the process. Queensland summer plays mean tricks on cookie dough..
- Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes. Do not wait for the dough to go brown, it should be light golden.
- You wanna cut the lengths into diagonal biscuits whilst they’re still warm, and separate them when they’ve cooled down
And that’s it folks. Say hello to your new favourite biscuit!