“Oh-so-easy” Gluten-free 5-minute Chocolate Christmas No-bake Nibbles!
You want chocolate divinity, and you want it quick and easy? Behold, I give you Chocolate Rice Bubble Nibbles!
Nothing can possibly be easier. Nothing this tasty anyway. You can whip’em up in five minutes, you can make them with kids, you can give them away.. You name it, these chocolate treats deliver!
In Norway these are a bit of a classic. They are served at children’s birthday parties, gatherings, and of course Christmas. We just love them; and what’s not to love?
- 200 grams of dark cooking chocolate ( you can use milk chocolate if that’s a preference, or use dairy-free inulin-free chocolate for low-FODMAP option)
- 250 grams of copha/ hardened coconut oil (you can also use regular coconut oil for a healthier option, but that will give them a coconutty flavour and they will be softer.
- 2 pastured organic eggs (Nb: Make sure you use salmonella-free eggs!)
- 200 ml (2/3 cup) sugar
- 3 tbls strong coffee (drop this for low-FODMAP)
- 100 grams gluten-free puffed rice
- muffin cups
- something to decorate with, like lollies, 100’2 & 1000’s, or even grated coconut
If you’re wondering what Copha is, and where you can find it: Copha is an Australian brand of hardened coconut oil, and it can be found in the margarin section of any leading supermarket. In the USA and Europe it will come under a different name, but shouldn’t be hard to find. This type of fat is mainly used in baking, and often when using melted chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate and copha together by lowering the bowl into a pot of hot water. Stir until all is melted and blended. I don’t recommend using the microwave as chocolate burns fast enough for it all to be wasted.
- Whip eggs and sugar until it’s near white in colour. Add chocolate mix and coffee, then blend in the puffed rice.
- I like to place the dollops in paper muffin cups, but you can also put them straight onto baking paper.
- If you so desire you may add a fancy topping to please the eye, say cherries for a festive twist? Kids might like their favourite lolly on top!
- Leave them to cool off in the fridge until they set, find a good container with a decent lid and keep them refrigerated. I found a good container from a brand called Décor – Tellfresh today in fact. Free of all nasties and microwavable too. Very handy.
I hope you like my Chocolate Rice Bubble Nibbles, personally I find them totally addictive -In fact I admittedly munched one with my left hand as I took the pictures with my right..