Thick and sticky Salted Caramel Sauce – Easy and Awesome!
Not much tops a deliciously thick and sticky salted caramel sauce; it is the worlds best combo of sweet and salty! My favourite thing is how it hardens ever so slightly on your ice cream, and then melts in your mouth.. yum!!
This recipe is to die for, it is just that awesome -and incredibly simple!
Get your vanilla ice cream out; it’s time for some serious dessert magic!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 1/2 tbsp real butter
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- Pour sugar and water into a heavy saucepan, and let the sugar dissolve into the water over low heat. Do not stir!
- Turn up the heat and bring to a boil, still no stirring. If you succumb to the temptation to stir, you will end up with crystallised sugar and a very lumpy sauce, so just don’t do it!
- Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes, or until it has reached a lovely golden brown colour.
- Remove from the heat, and carefully whisk in the cream, followed by the butter and the salt.
- Pour the beautiful thick caramel sauce into a container (with a lid), and let i cool down.
Voila, you have the worlds best homemade salted caramel sauce at hand!