All Natural, Chemical-Free, Gluten-Free Sunscreen!
Being on a complete elimination diet and living in sunny Australia poses one giant conundrum; sun protection.
Most sunscreens, although totally necessary, contain a cocktail of chemicals, parabens, perfumes and preservatives. How can I get broad spectrum high protection without all the gunk?
It’s really hard to find. Even the “sensitive skin”, “kid-friendly” and “hypo-allergenic” options are full of nasties.
That’s why I love the Invisible Zinc range so much!
It’s all natural and completely safe on every level, and it has even won 3 awards for best sunscreen and best beauty product. Love it, trust it and would absolutely recommend it!
Hard to wash off in the shower though ha ( but that’s a true testament to it’s waterproof qualities)
- Chemical-Free, Natural, Safe, Broad spectrum protection and very, very waterproof. I certainly don’t get sunburned! My fiance even uses it when he goes fishing; it lasts all day on the boat and he doesn’t get burned!
- It comes in many variations, including tinted and foundation! I haven’t tried either so naturally I can’t say whether it’s good or bad, but at least they give you the option.
- You really don’t need to worry about re-applying a whole lot as it stays on. really well! That is perfect if you have kids running around in the sun, or just generally in terms of saving a bit of money on the product lasting longer.
- It is genuinely hard to wash off.. both myself and my man prop up with scrubbers, exfoliating gloves and brushes to get this stuff off. Obviously we also use soap-free chemical-free shower gels which probably doesn’t make it any easier!
- It leaves my skin very dry afterwards. It really drains the moisture out of me and I have to moisturize a lot. My hands even feel dry after I apply it. That is probably the only thing that really bothers me.
- Contrary to the name, it is not invisible. It’s not bad, but I do look a few shades whiter after applying it, however I consider that a small price to pay for fantastic chemical-free sun protection!
- It’s twice the price of “normal” sunscreen, but hey, as if we’re not used to paying extra for staying healthy?
- It’s a bit thick to apply so you would think it doesn’t “go a long way”, but you really needn’t reapply by far as much as you would a “normal” sunscreen, so I don’t think it makes a difference. It seems that they have recently tried to “thin it out” a bit too. The last one I bought was a bit more runny, but I’m not sure I liked it better as it “separated” a bit more during application. However, my fiance preferred it thinner, so each to their own 🙂
All in all though, the pros certainly outweigh the cons with this product. I love it, I’ll keep using it and I am officially a fan!
Do you know of any other great brands?
Check these out: