A Gluten-Free Baking Cheat Sheet to make life a bit easier!
This cheat sheet makes a great kitchen accessory, so feel free to print, share or pin! Just take a quick look at your cheat sheet whenever you would like to convert a recipe.
Bear in mind that a gluten containing recipe you’ve known well will change a little when converted. Have patience with your new ingredients, and try your way to a great result.
There is a difference between Grains and Starches..
The grain flours have a higher protein content and are used differently to the starches. The wonderful Glutenfreegirl has made a useful list of what flours come under what category:
Whole Grain Flours:
- Brown rice flour
- Buckwheat flour
- Maize flour (read about the differences between maize/corn flours here)
- Mesquite flour
- Millet flour
- Oat flour
- Quinoa flour
- Sorghum flour
- Sweet potato flour
- Teff flour
- Cornstarch (read here for info)
- Potato flour (read about the differences between potato starch and -flour here)
- Potato starch
- Sweet rice flour
- Tapioca flour
To learn more about gluten-free flour, make sure you visit “The Ultimate Guide to Gluten-Free Flour Mixing“:
Grams to Ounces Conversion Calculator
Kilograms to Pounds Conversion Calculator
Cups (US) to Decilitres Conversion Calculator
Cups (AU) to Decilitres Conversion Calculator
– All you need to know about Gluten on This Link
– Gluten Free Recipes on This Link
– How to make your own Gluten Free Flour Mix on This Link
– Learn about the different Gluten-Free Flours and Starches on This Link
(I found inspiration for conversions at www.gygi.com )